Monday 8 December 2008

About this particular blog

I have been writing for some time on another blog at
http://livingcircle-dot-net.blogspot.com
mostly about matters that I regard as spiritual - of the heart, of the mind, of the spirit that moves and enlivens.

But I now want a place to address dance and music as a vehicle of expression of integrated being - and I use this broadly in terms of the experience of dance as well as particularly in terms of dancing in joined community and participation within such as circle dance may invite.

So as you can already see, no doubt, I remain a writer who seeks to raid on the unspeakable; matters of the heart, of the mind of the spirit that moves and enlivens.

Dead truths don't dance!

Inhibition to flowing, expressing, joining and generally being a presence of Soul in Expression is because in some way we hide our light under a bushel - or as the more recent Bibles would have it - a bowl ( I think a bushel might originally have meant a measuring basket or bowl).

What does it profit a man or woman who gains the steps but loses (the appreciation of intimacy of) their soul?

So yes I will let myself remind me - and perhaps you the reader - of this inviolable intimacy from which the world has turned our mind, but I will also address specific aspects that arise - as they arise and my fingers follow the dance of writing.

But in all that I write I seek to let fly from the cage and not to imprison.
It is true that the mind of words has sought to control and deny the heart - by listening only to his or her own private thought.

But tools are defined by what purpose they are employed to serve.
This is as true for the reader as for the writer - But - the intention is here. Feel it between the lines - in the phrasing.

The call to dance is not in the perfection of the form of the music - but in its spirit.
And the rest shall be added ye!

1 comment:

Tory Burch said...

Although dance is often accompanied by music, it can also be presented independently or provide its own accompaniment (tap dance). Dance presented with music may or may not be performed in time to the music depending on the style of dance. Dance performed without music is said to be danced to its own rhythm.